I tell people today that history makes you smarter, but your heritage makes you prouder.
The U.S. Army War College routinely hosts senior military and civilian leaders who come to meet and work with faculty and students on matters of national security, strategic leadership, and professional military education. WAR ROOM is pleased to welcome Gen Robin Rand, U.S. Air Force, Commander of the U.S. Air Force Global Strike Command who graciously accepted our invitation to come to the studio and provide his perspectives on strategic leadership. WAR ROOM Social Media Editor Buck Haberichter moderates.
You can also download a copy of the podcast here.
General Robin Rand, U.S. Air Force, is commander of the U.S. Air Force Global Strike Command and Commander, Air Forces Strategic – Air, U.S. Strategic Command, Barksdale Air Force Base, Louisiana. Buck Haberichter is a colonel in the U.S. Air Force and is WAR ROOM’s Social Media Editor.
Photo Credit: Senior Airman Hailey R. Staker, U.S. Air Force
Releases from the Leader Perspectives series:
- BALANCING BETWEEN CIVILIAN LIFE AND SERVICE IN THE NATIONAL GUARD
- “WHAT GOT YOU HERE WON’T GET YOU THERE” — AND OTHER CAUTIONARY TALES FOR LEADERS
- WHEN THE MILITARY IS NOT IN CHARGE: DEFENSE SUPPORT TO CIVIL AUTHORITIES
- WHAT DOES ‘SUCCESS’ MEAN AS A STRATEGIC LEADER?
- STRATEGIC LEADERSHIP AND CHANGING THE US ARMY IN EUROPE
- THE CHALLENGES OF SENIOR LEADER COMMUNICATION
- THE SENIOR NCO AS A STRATEGIC LEADER — A PODCAST
- STRATEGIC LEADERSHIP FROM AN AUSTRALIAN PERSPECTIVE — A PODCAST
- WHAT DO THE BRITS THINK OF AMERICAN OFFICERS? — A PODCAST
- PERSPECTIVES ON STRATEGIC LEADERSHIP — GEN. ROBIN RAND, U.S. AIR FORCE GLOBAL STRIKE COMMAND