We need to go back and think big, and We need to think big fast.
A BETTER PEACE welcomes Major General Eirik Kristoffersen, Chief of the Norwegian Army, to the studio to discuss his perspectives on strategic leadership. Major General Kristoffersen was in Carlisle to attend his induction into the International Fellows Hall of Fame at the U.S. Army War College. He becomes the 69th International Fellow to receive the honor. During the podcast he addresses the nature of the NATO alliance and the historical importance of allies to the country of Norway as well as the complicated relationship with its neighbor Russia. A BETTER PEACE podcast editor Ron Granieri moderates.
Maj. Gen. Eirik Kristoffersen is the Chief of Staff Norwegian Army and a distinguished member of the U.S. Army War College Resident Class of 2015. Ron Granieri is an Associate Professor of History at the U.S. Army War College and the Editor of A BETTER PEACE. The views expressed in this presentation are those of the speakers and do not necessarily reflect those of the U.S. Army War College, U.S. Army, or Department of Defense.
Photo Description: Members of the Norwegian Home Guard Quick Reaction Force stopped by a main battle tank live-fire range in Rena, Norway, Feb. 18, 2016. The U.S. Marines and Norwegians are preparing for Exercise Cold Response 16, which will bring together 12 NATO Allied and partner nations and approximately 16,000 troops in order to enhance joint crisis response capabilities in cold weather environments.
Photo Credit: Master Sgt. Chad McMeen, USMC
Other releases in the “Leader’s Perspectives” series:
- A TRANSATLANTIC PERSPECTIVE ON NATO (LEADER PERSPECTIVES)
- OBSERVATIONS FROM NATO’S NORTHERN FRONT (LEADER PERSPECTIVES)
- ALLIES ARE MORE THAN FRIENDS (LEADER PERSPECTIVES)
- THE CHALLENGES OF KEEPING SPACE SECURE (LEADER PERSPECTIVES)
- TENSIONS AND PARADOXES FACING SENIOR LEADERS (LEADER PERSPECTIVES)
- LEADING AND WINNING IN GREAT POWER COMPETITION (LEADER PERSPECTIVES)
- LEARNING ABOUT LEADERSHIP THROUGH THE CLASSICS (LEADER PERSPECTIVES)
- WHAT IT TAKES FOR COLONELS TO BE SUCCESSFUL (LEADER PERSPECTIVES)
- BALANCING BETWEEN CIVILIAN LIFE AND SERVICE IN THE NATIONAL GUARD
- “WHAT GOT YOU HERE WON’T GET YOU THERE” — AND OTHER CAUTIONARY TALES FOR LEADERS