There’s an old saying, “Command can be lonely.” But it doesn’t have to be.
WAR ROOM welcomes Major General Mick Ryan, Australian Army and Commander of the Australian Defense College to the studio to discuss matters of strategic leadership in conjunction with the U.S. Army War College’s annual Strategy Conference. What separates successful strategic leaders from the less successful? WAR ROOM Podcast Editor Jacqueline E. Whitt moderates.
Major General Mick Ryan, Australian Army, is the Commander of the Australian Defence College. Jacqueline E. Whitt is Professor of Strategy at the U.S. Army War College and the WAR ROOM Podcast Editor. The views expressed in this program are those of the speakers and do not necessarily reflect those of the U.S. Army War College, U.S. Army, Australian Army, or the Department of Defense.
Photo Credit: Australian National Audit Agency
Releases from the Leader Perspectives series:
- CAMPAIGNING IN THE PACIFIC: A CONVERSATION WITH GEN FLYNN
- A TRANSATLANTIC PERSPECTIVE ON NATO (LEADER PERSPECTIVES)
- OBSERVATIONS FROM NATO’S NORTHERN FRONT
- ALLIES ARE MORE THAN FRIENDS (LEADER PERSPECTIVES)
- THE CHALLENGES OF KEEPING SPACE SECURE (LEADER PERSPECTIVES)
- TENSIONS AND PARADOXES FACING SENIOR LEADERS (LEADER PERSPECTIVES)
- LEADING AND WINNING IN GREAT POWER COMPETITION (LEADER PERSPECTIVES)
- LEARNING ABOUT LEADERSHIP THROUGH THE CLASSICS (LEADER PERSPECTIVES)
- WHAT IT TAKES FOR COLONELS TO BE SUCCESSFUL (LEADER PERSPECTIVES)
- BALANCING BETWEEN CIVILIAN LIFE AND SERVICE IN THE NATIONAL GUARD